5 Key Take-Aways from IDCE Day One
- The three roadblocks to effective emergency management are P.I.G. – politics, inertia, and God
- Disaster scenarios are no longer isolated events and cannot be solved with
- Preparedness starts with the smallest affected community. If a community isn’t optimally resilient, the recovery effort will fail.
- Creativity is an understated factor in disaster recovery. Creative communities gain an improved level of condition and preparedness from the disaster experience.
- Most people, by the time they are 38, will have 10-14 jobs. If you’re a business that doesn’t prepare for disaster you will lose your employees.