Getting to know your Form Designer Tool in eQuip!
Latest posts by Jackie Luo (see all)
- Government Property Mismanagement: Boeing’s Trouble with Misplaced Tools - March 29, 2019
- In Managing Physical Assets, It’s Not Just About Fixed Assets - February 22, 2019
- How eQuip! Supports Law Enforcement in Combatting the Opioid Epidemic - January 25, 2019
This blog is written by Makieba Duff, Product Marketing Coordinator at E-ISG Asset Intelligence. For questions, you can email Makieba at Makieba.Duff@e-isg.com
For those of you who don’t know much about the Form Designer Tool in eQuip!, I suggest that you start becoming best friends with it now! eQuip! has made simplicity at its best by creating a feature that allows users to customize the screens whenever, wherever, at their fingertips without any IT programming knowledge. Most asset management systems don’t allow users to customize screens easily. But the eQuip! asset management software has included this powerful and unique feature because eQuip! is known for its ease of use. Users can design how they want their asset information to be presented on their screens. They use the Form Designer tool in eQuip! to do this.
So here is the step by step guide to use the Form Designer tool to customize your screens:
- First, going to the “Assets” tab, and click on the desired form you would like to edit such as “All People, All Places, or All Items”, a menu tree to the left, simply right click on the name of the category and select “Add”, which would then populate a blank form.
- At the bottom of this form in the lower left corner there is a box labeled “Form Designer”, to activate this function click on that box, then select “ok”, and the background of the form will transform into an editable grid.
- The Form Designer will also appear on the left side of the screen so fields can be edited as desired.
Once the Form Designer Tool is enabled, users can:
- Add/Edit or Delete Fields
- Move Fields to desired position
- Manage and Edit Field Types
- Field Definition
There is a short video explaining how to do this more visually. You can click here to access the video.
For more information on the specifics of this function, please visit our Support Site for further instructions. http://support.e-isg.com/home