Managing Equipment and Assets – Using “Workflows” Instead of Spreadsheets
Many of our customers switched to using the eQuip! software to manage their enterprise assets after realizing that they could no longer depend on excel sheets.
In order to manage physical equipment and assets efficiently, organizations need a system that can deliver at least the following functions:
- Keep an audit trail of the life cycle events of the assets
- Track all assets by project, by funding sources, by site, by location, by people
- Standardize workflows in receiving, editing, assigning, maintaining, and disposing assets, so the organization follows the same processes every time
Clearly, excel sheets can’t support these functions and that’s why our customers have chosen the eQuip! software to solve their asset management problems.
In order to support these functions, the eQuip! software relies on the “workflow” tool. The “workflow” tool allows users to define steps or processes. For example:
- Send email notifications to property custodian if new equipment arrives
- Inform of the next action to be performed on the asset record
- Reject any action that is not performed property, allowing only the right information to be entered
In training new users of the eQuip! software, we focus a lot on the “workflow” tool. These workflows are used to perform all the routine tasks in asset management
These “workflows” are very intuitive and easy to use once users get a feel for it. In addition to the virtual hands on training, we have a visual quick reference on our support site for new users as well. Our customers can access this virtual reference here.